CC Math Journal 2nd edition and the Yellow Brick Road Plot

Hey y'all..... we have been so busy learning non-stop in the classroom! I know y'all know what I mean. Well we started math journal 3 weeks ago. I held off because we built number sense the first month and I didn't want them to do the word problem part of the journal when I hadn't even introduced addition or subtraction. I am so glad I waited, because now they actually understand the math journal concept and are soaring. I hope math cc is going well for your little firsties too! Happy Math Teaching
Click here for 2nd edition of math journal. We finished up plot last week and I struggled for the longest time to come up with a chart. I wanted something that was easy to follow and understand. I decided to do a road to keep the story going and to note events we encounter during the text. Here is what we used...