Doubles club..... organizing math mats..... and other babbles....

Hey Y'all!!!! Well my student teacher taught all day today and it was great! She did a great job and I got lots of paper work done. I had a few extra minutes so I was able to organize my big pile of math mats. I decided to put them in binders according to units. I love using math mats and have put them in both of my CC math units. I run all mats on white cardstock and put them in sheet protectors. I like them in sheet protectors for 2 reasons: 1. You can write on them with dry erase markers. 2. They last forever....
Ok also in my spare time today (lol) I got futterlies in my tummy. (taken from the very own Junie B.) because doubles start next week. Yay!!!!! Doubles are always my most favorite thing to teach in math. My doubles week can be found in my second edition of CC math lesson plans. In our class we have a doubles club. At the end of the week, I orally quiz each child in front of the class on doubles. If they get all correct, they make it in the DOUBLES CLUB!!! This is an exciting moment for them. 1. They get to wear a doubles club necklace(click here for sign) 2. They get official doubles club certificate (in cc math unit 2) 3. Name goes on doubles club poster with pic. Here is a pic of how I made the necklace...excuse blurry photo