Morning Meeting..... It's a great way to start the day!

Do you feel as though your morning wouldn't be complete with out that delicious cup of hot coffee? I can't get my day started without one or two cups. Well...... I feel the same way about morning meeting in my classroom. It's the only way I like to kick off the day! Morning meeting is a staple in our classroom and a time to share, collaborate, and think with each other.  We begin on the carpet in our central meeting space with a song..... I can't really explain the tune...
It's MORNING MEETING time come on....
do do do do do do do do do......
bring yourself and your super smart brain....
come on...
do do do do do do do do






We add fun hand movements and laugh together as we sing and get our day started. Then, we direct our attention to the morning meeting anchor chart. I create an anchor chart to mimic the morning meeting booklet my students have in their laps. The anchor chart takes the booklet to a new level... it goes from just a booklet to now a class wide conversation piece.  I like to have the anchor chart each morning the accompany our work, because it promotes strong community in our class. 

  
Each child then has a booklet for the entire first semester (quarters 1 and 2). I take the skills from that page and create an anchor chart. We go through the learning together and it allows all to be a stakeholder. 
Here is what their booklet looks like.....
As you can see, their booklet page matches the anchor chart pictured above.  
Students then work with a buddy in the meeting area to talk and work through the thinking for that day. Then we talk about and check their thinking as a class.  Each morning meeting builds upon what we are currently learning in the classroom in math, reading, and work work.  The booklet is set up to follow our phonics mapping.  It focuses on one word work skill for five days and also has a math focus and reading or mechanics on one page.  It's such a rewarding way to start our day! 
 My students are always eager to begin the day with morning meeting.

Side Note: You might be wondering what is the name on the right side of the chart and the PE for? I always put the helper of the days name on the chart that way everyone knows who our helper is and on the left I place where we are headed for enrichment that day. I also send the chart home with the helper that day.  They LOVE to take it home and look forward to carrying it on the bus to play school.

The booklet is on sale in my TPT store just for the weekend. Grab your copy so you can run them over the summer, staple, and get ready for exciting mornings with your class.  The prep work is done for you, all you have to do is create the deep learning community centered around morning meeting.
Link to store....Morning Meeting Booklet.... Quarters 1 and 2